You can not select more than 25 topics Topics must start with a letter or number, can include dashes ('-') and can be up to 35 characters long.
- Like in danger-bird2, some Common Lisp gets compiled at weechat build time into a static library, which gets linked in to the final binary. - This required some cmake trickery to get it to actually do the thing. - As a proof of concept, we now get the "plugin loaded" message to be printed from Lisp, with the ECL version chucked in as a nifty trick.
|12 months ago|
|.github||1 year ago|
|cmake||12 months ago|
|debian-devel||1 year ago|
|debian-stable||1 year ago|
|doc||1 year ago|
|icons||2 years ago|
|po||1 year ago|
|src||12 months ago|
|tests||1 year ago|
|tools||1 year ago|
|.gitattributes||4 years ago|
|.gitignore||3 years ago|
|.mailmap||5 years ago|
|.travis.yml||2 years ago|
|AUTHORS.adoc||1 year ago|
|CMakeLists.txt||1 year ago|
|COPYING||4 years ago|
|ChangeLog.adoc||1 year ago|
|Contributing.adoc||1 year ago|
|Makefile.am||2 years ago|
|README.adoc||2 years ago|
|ReleaseNotes.adoc||1 year ago|
|autogen.sh||2 years ago|
|config.h.cmake||1 year ago|
|configure.ac||1 year ago|
|version.sh||1 year ago|
|weechat.cygport.in||1 year ago|
|weechat.desktop||3 years ago|
|weechat.pc.in||3 years ago|
|weechat.spec||1 year ago|
:author: Sébastien Helleu
pass:[<p align="center">] image:https://weechat.org/media/images/weechat_logo_large.png[align="center"] pass:[</p>]
image:https://img.shields.io/badge/devel%20blog-follow-blue.svg["Devel blog", link="https://blog.weechat.org/"]
image:https://codecov.io/gh/weechat/weechat/branch/master/graph/badge.svg["Code coverage", link="https://codecov.io/gh/weechat/weechat"]
*WeeChat* (Wee Enhanced Environment for Chat) is a free chat client, fast and
light, designed for many operating systems.
It is highly customizable and extensible with scripts.
* *Modular chat client*: WeeChat has a lightweight core and optional https://weechat.org/files/doc/stable/weechat_user.en.html#plugins[plugins]. All plugins (including https://weechat.org/files/doc/stable/weechat_user.en.html#irc_plugin[IRC]) are independent and can be unloaded.
* *Multi-platform*: WeeChat runs on GNU/Linux, *BSD, GNU/Hurd, Haiku, macOS and Windows (Bash/Ubuntu and Cygwin).
* *Multi-protocols*: WeeChat is designed to support multiple protocols by plugins, like IRC.
* *Standards-compliant*: the IRC plugin is compliant with RFCs https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1459, https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2810, https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2811, https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2812 and https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2813.
* *Small, fast and very light*: the core is and should stay as light and fast as possible.
* *Fully documented*: there is comprehensive https://weechat.org/doc/[documentation], which is https://weechat.org/files/doc/stable/weechat_dev.en.html#translations[translated] into several languages.
* *Developed from scratch*: WeeChat was built from scratch and is not based on any other client.
* *Free software*: WeeChat is released under https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.html[GPLv3].
pass:[<p align="center">] image:https://weechat.org/media/images/screenshots/weechat/medium/weechat_2013-04-27_phlux_shadow.png[align="center"] pass:[</p>]
On WeeChat's website you can find https://weechat.org/about/screenshots/[more screenshots].
Following packages are *required*:
Following packages are optional:
* for i18n: gettext
* for SSL: gnutls, ca-certificates
* for spell checking: aspell or enchant
* for building doc and man page: asciidoctor
* for building tests: C++ compiler, CppUTest
For a complete list of dependencies and versions recommended, please look at
WeeChat can be built with https://cmake.org/[CMake] (recommended) or autotools.
Only CMake is officially supported to build WeeChat. You should only use
autotools if you are not able to use CMake. +
Building with autotools requires more dependencies and is slower than with CMake.
* Installation in system directories (requires _root_ privileges):
$ mkdir build
$ cd build
$ cmake ..
$ sudo make install
* Installation in custom directory (for example your home):
$ mkdir build
$ cd build
$ cmake .. -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/path/to/directory
$ make install
For more information or installation with autotools, please look at
=== Run tests
Following packages are *required* to compile tests:
* C++ compiler
Tests must be enabled when compiling WeeChat:
$ cmake .. -DENABLE_TESTS=ON
They can be launched after compilation from the build directory:
$ ctest -V
Copyright (C) 2003-2021 Sébastien Helleu <firstname.lastname@example.org>
This file is part of WeeChat, the extensible chat client.
WeeChat is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
the Free Software Foundation; either version 3 of the License, or
(at your option) any later version.
WeeChat is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
along with WeeChat. If not, see <https://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.